Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Punkin' Cuppycakes


So these are the Pumpkin Cupcakes I was talking about earlier- they are my mom's recipe and have always been a welcome Fall treat every year.  They are technically cupcakes, but like I said, we eat them frosting-less and call them muffins-- they are just that good! This time though, I put a little bit of a cream cheese frosting on top for a little extra yumminess.  However, my frosting was a little runnier than it should have been (I tend to have this problem because I don't like my frosting super sweet, so I usually put less confectioner's sugar than the recipe calls for, leading to a slightly runny frosting) so they aren't the prettiest cupcakes I've ever made.  Ohhh well!  Still though, these "muffcakes" (uhhh?) are delicious with or without frosting! Enjoy!

Mom's Pumpkin "Muffins"

Yields 24 Muffins

Ingredients:
4 eggs
1 2/3 c. sugar
1 c. oil
2 c. home cooked pumpkin
2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Beat together eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy.

Thoroughly stir together the remaining dry ingredients, then add to pumpkin mixture and mix completely.  Pour batter into greased muffin tins.  Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

Since I totally failed at the frosting I used, I suggest you just google a cream cheese buttercream if you want to top the "muffcakes" with it! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment